Friday, February 13, 2009

NYCC 2009: Jimmy Cheung



In case you have been living under a rock Jimmy Cheung is amazing! His art on Young Avengers propelled him to the superstar artist he is today, but it was his work on X-Force and Uncanny X-Men that introduced me to his unique style. He later went on to cocreate Scion for Crossgen comics. He's currently a Marvel Exclusive artist.


With that introduction I think it should be pointed out that Jimmy Cheung was my number 1 must get commission at NYCC 2009. His art just amazes me and he is an absolute complete professional towards his fans. I've seen 2 pencil commissions he's done of Gambit in the past, but recently he has started to ink and use grey tones on his commissions for an added value to the fan. He spent a lot of Friday working on this and I'm still amazed by how great it looks. I think it perfectly captures the early romance of the characters.

No comments: